Friday, June 01, 2007

Tardy Blog Bug

Hello People!

Yes my tardy blog bug has bitten again in the midst of my 'free-ness'. I have no school to attend, no work to sweat for, and yet I barely find myself anytime to cast a breath freely in the comfort of my home.

Preparation for college, visa applications, attending the Dale Carnegie Course (I recommend it for anyone), meeting up pals, going to Church, eating out regularly with dad, attending an open forum on intelligent design, downloading a couple of game demos for fun, succumbing to terrible diahoera for a few days, and a couple of minor stints in volunteering for my church's kindergarden are some of the highlights of what I have done so far.

Also, it goes without saying that much has happened to my fellow peers. The closure of UNSW Asia, escapades in foreign lands (be it for work/school/fun), exams ending (with results), concerts, lastest happenings back in my unit have recently shaped the lives of those I am honored to have known.

And this picture? I'm a nerd and that's what I actually wore in ICA! Well I was taking photos on that day to apply for a biometric passport. It was my dad's idea to do so and I didn't feel awkward walking around like that either.


Right here, I profess that you are definitely better than me at something. That gives me (or anyone) no reason to have the lordly right to think I'm superior to you. Don't you think there's some truth in that? It's one of the many things that the Dale Carnegie Course teaches, and most of them are simple and yet escape the vision of many. I haven't finished the course yet and I can't tell you all about it yet. But what I know...it is a course that draws upon the participant's willingness to stretch his/her comfort zone, and not the adroitness of the instructors themselves.

I have been thinking...what is the number 1 priority in your life? Can such a priority take precedence over all areas of your life? Is its status granted by quantitive or qualitative means? It is a question that popped out of my head when I began reading Ravi Zacharias's 'Jesus Among Gods', a book about the validity of the absolute claims of Jesus.

In the beginning chapter, he examines the significance of Jesus's beginnings and compares it to the other figures of major religions. This chapter did strike the 'no.1 question' in me when Zacharias touched upon Jesus's humble background and the thoroughness of His exclusivity of truth. Do we place wealth, status or friends ahead of an eternal perspective demonstrated by Jesus? It has serious implications if we do not consider it thoughfully.

I agree that it just represents a point of view, and I am not out here to convince anyone about Jesus. I have just started a very brief scratch on the realm of apologetics. I'm still young and yet to be exposed to a great many things. I thank God for bringing me to where I am now and I am indeed excited to know more about Him (and not simply swallow without digestion).

Well, I have to hit the sack soon and I do hope I didn't bore you to death! I wish you all a good day as I retreat back into my abode. More updates to come as my life goes on.

Take care,
Joshua

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home