Friday, November 17, 2006

This Week's Update

Hi y'all! Having some free time surfing the net right?

Anyway, this Friday has come near to the end of a long week for me. It started from Friday guard duty, Saturday in camp preparing for outfield, Sunday till Tues outfield, Thurs had to help out in last minute prize presentation and post-outfield celebrations...and Saturday COS (COy Orderly Sergeant) duty!

Sounds like real fun to me lol. Nevermind...being lame.

Well since I have some time to breathe some air from my home, I'd like to share an experience I had with a particular Warrent Officer (guys who really rise up the ranks from private, and have spent a long time in the army. It is a rank in between sergeant and officer)

Well, this warrent officer is 1WO Chew. He was my Duty Officer (DO) for guard duty...and he is a very unique DO. People tend to just see the surface, and see him as a very luo shuo (long-winded) person. He is known to give long debriefings and to really test guard duty personnel on their tasks.

I've gotta say that there's lots of wisdom in what he says. Seriously speaking...it is not easy being a great guard, as there are tons of stuff we need to know. We don't do guard duty so often and have little chance of really being a kilat (excellent) guard. He can quite easily just scold us and give us extra duties!

But...he has the patience and takes the time to slowly go through the procedures and explains the importance behind each and every one of them. Granted, it might seem paranoid to keep such 'anal' standards in peacetime...but who can tell when the time really comes where we are faced with a real threat? 1WO Chew prepares us well for that.

This reminds me of Matt 24:42 in the Bible. Jesus warned his disciples to watch out for his next coming. The end could come anytime and serves as a potent reminder to do His Work before the end actually comes.

The lesson I learnt is: Keep doing the good work and don't waste your time and get caught with your pants down. The time will come, but we just won't know when it does.

Hope you guys may learn something from that...it's my sincere wish. Well, I've gotta go off now and entertain the other parts of my life. Stay well, and have fun out there guys!

Still Serving
Joshua

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home