Thursday, October 19, 2006

Qualified Ahmad

Weeeelcome to my part of the internet!

Well, just came back from my 3rd driving test (yeah I am that crappy as a driver lol) and YES I finally passed! I won't be jumping around in joy like a mad guy, as it wasn't a great achievement. I passed mainly due to my 'experience'...the tester passed me because I already tested 2 times before haha :)

Kind of think of it, my 'driving career' has thought me that things don't come easy. My little achievements have come with some price, and instant successes don't pop up in my life like MSN sign-in notifications. Exams were tough, my driving took rather long, my uni application still goes on, my army life isn't pretty and my normal life reverberates with some acute pain.

Not that I am a killjoy, but just like to share with you all something: God gave us pain.

People have asked, if God was soooooooo powerful, why doesn't he just kill off Satan and stop evil in its devious tracks? Millions are starving from Sudan to right here in Singapore, and what has God done for them? He could at least gave them some grain, some dollars or some rain for their parched crops.

Although it might sound like an air-tight argument against God, but it is a question that does in the end prove God really does exist. You can reduce my stand here as I come from a comfortable home and do not know the real pain people go through daily. Yes, that does get my goat sometimes, but it drives me to use my time here well and appreciate the things God has blessed me with.

Well, there's a book out there written by a renowned author by the name of Lee Strobel, and it's called The Case for Faith. It's a good read and Lee raised up 8 tough questions to well-qualified individuals who gave their insights in this book. The one above was one of them. A couple of points provided were:

1. God gave us a free will and He respects it. If he killed off evil and made us chose right all the time, we would be robots. We won't be able to learn the real essence of good and will not appreciate the goodness of God.

2. There is eventual good that lies in evil and suffering. It is not to say that we can remain in our ignorance and dismiss all evils as preludes to good. There are valuable lessons that lie in the suffering, people do draw closer to God in times of trials etc...


I seriously reccommend this book to the skeptic, the believer or the agnostic. Actually, anyone. Go on ahead and read it with an open mind. I will not force you to think that Christ is God right away. I can tell you Christ is Our Saviour, but you've gotta run your personal journey to trully convince yourself. Reading this book and others like it is a way to find out about the person who made a huge impact on the religious fabric of this world, and His effects still ripple on.

Or the other way is to...come to my Church! There's a programme going on right now on Saturdays! Just for the person who is keen in learning about Christ. Heh...I'm not joking but here's the details for your persual. If you wanna go, just go on and give me a message or something.

Every Saturday
Venue: Newton Life Church
Time: 1700-1830hrs

Here's the URL: http://newtonlifeyouthministry.blogspot.com/

Darn another long posting of mine. Hey, I've gotta book in back to camp. Home sweet home haha...take care out there and see you guys real soon!

Joshua

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home