Saturday, July 29, 2006

Failed 2nd Time!!!



Above: Roughly where I failed.

Garg...

Do you know what the Italy in the World Cup 2002 Quarter Finals and me have to do in common? The 'Golden Goal' effect. Just one mistake that ruins the whole experience. I am not saying that I am overtly bitter and shall remember it for eternity, but it still hurts :( Yeah cheer up man.

For starters, during the driving test there are basically two types of errors one can commit. One, would be the accumulative one whereby they result it accumulated points after making the mistakes. The other is the killing blow/instant YMCA (You May Come Again). Sorry if I sound sarcastic or caustic, as I got hit with the second one. I am still a bit in the dumps. Pray for me.

Although I got a personal low of demerit points of 10, doing the mistake I did at the last part is just as painful as a missed penalty. For those out there still learning to drive, you may want to read this as a 'case study' heh...I'd like to warn you of such eventualities and wish you all the best for your driving.

To cut it short, and to mute any bitching, I was changing lanes but nearly hit the curb. From my perspective: I was changing lane to the left, taxi is behind me on the left lane. Taxi signals to change to further left lane. I turn to change lane....but taxi begins to move back to original lane. Due to my blurness/sudden change of taxi, I turned right to move back to my lane...but was on the way to hit the curb, and the tester immediately turned my steering wheel. Bad omen.

Lesson is, when changing lanes, KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE FRONT! Took me about $500 to learn that.

Sigh...it really hurts to fail just due to that mishap. People would say you failed fullstop. Guess that is the attitude of this nation. There are exceptions out there, but through my experiences the general perception is that there is a lot of pressure on passing and achieving, and a severe stigma (either self-inflicted or an effect of outside circumstances) for failures. Economical and effective sieving of talent.

No matter, I will pass the TP. God will decide the day. Perhaps He wants to save the public roads of Singapore from a dangerous driver such as me hehe. Anyway, when I pass I will tell you guys. But from now till then, I will try yet again to pass.

Gotta go off now man, I wish you all the best for your endeavours.

Joshua

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

never say die, up man and try!

p.s: no pun on the man....:p

30/7/06 11:32 PM

 
Blogger Junxian said...

never can always try again...

31/7/06 4:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home